InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort
As one of the first such resorts in the South Pacific, the InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort has a long reputation for its excellent overwater bungalows in addition to 12 similar bungalows on the beach. Perfect for a honeymoon or any other romantic getaway, the location at the southern tip of the main Bora Bora island allows for privacy but also makes it easy to reach other restaurants and shops on the island.
All the overwater bungalows feature a similar luxurious configuration, with a separate living room, bedroom, and two-level sun terrace. Those who want to go snorkeling or kayaking will be treated to free equipment and excellent views.
The InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located just off the far southern tip of the main Bora Bora island in French Polynesia in the South Pacific.
- Lagoon Overwater Bungalows (views of the beach, closer in)
- Horizon Overwater Bungalows (views of the horizon, farther out, more privacy)
- Overwater bungalows: 50
- Beds: 1 kingsize
- Area: 592 sq ft (55 m²)
- Wi-Fi: Available
- Entertainment system: Satellite TV, DVD player
- Room service: Available
Special room features
- Large sun terrace
- Living room
- Bathroom and dressing area
- Glass coffee table shows lagoon below
- Split level sun terraces with a stairway in the lagoon
- Fresh-water shower
- Air conditioning
- Low season online specials from US$623 per night
- High season online specials from US$749 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Noa Noa Terrace Restaurant
- Vini Vina Bar Restaurant terrace
- Outdoor pool Lagoonarium tour Shark & ray feeding excursions Scuba diving Water activities
- Outdoor Pool
- Activities Desk offers snorkel gear, outrigger canoes, kayaks, paddleboards and windsurfing boards
- Business center
- 24-hour lounge
- Concierge services
- Boat rentals
- Boat crusies
- Helmet dives
- Subscooter dives
- Submarine dives
While there is no spa at this resort, a shuttle to the spa at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is available.
- Island tour via outrigger canoe, jet ski, or car
What the reviews say
This resort gets generally outstanding reviews from past guests, with perhaps the best feature mentioned being the location at the southern tip of the main island, which gives you the best views of the mountain and also makes it easy to go into the town and visit other restaurants.
Service gets very high marks, as does the size of the rooms and the facilities. Another plus noted by guests is the airport shuttle service that helps to start their vacation off on an easy note. Language barrier seems to not be an issue either.
In order to reach the InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort you’ll need to fly to Tahiti and then change planes for a short flight to Bora Bora. Once there you’ll be met by hotel staff who will transport you to the resort by private speedboat for an additional charge.