InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa
The InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is one of Bora Bora’s finest and most exclusive resorts, featuring 80 overwater bungalows/overwater villas, and 3 larger family suites on the beach. This is an excellent resort for those seeking a private romantic getaway and who want the best of everything.
The overwater villas at the InterContinental Bora Bora are all huge by hotel room standards, so each villa is more like a luxury apartment than a room. The resort has a wedding chapel as well as facilities that can meet almost any type of resort request, with an attentive staff that is one of the best in the industry.
The InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is on a small private islet just east of the main island of Bora Bora, French Polynesia.
- 6 “Diamond Otemanu” overwater villas, overlooking Mount Otemanu and the lagoon
- 25 “Diamond” overwater villas, overlooking the main island of Bora Bora
- 8 “End of pontoon” overwater villas, with views of both sides and the most privacy
- 22 “Sapphire” overwater villas, overlooking the lagoon
- 19 “Emerald” overwater villas, overlooking the beach and the motu (small island)
- 3 Motu family Suites, nestled in a coconut grove (not overwater).
All rooms have the same features and are the same size. The difference in category has to do with location and view.
- Bungalows: 80
- Beds: Kingsize
- Area: 1,000+ square feet (93+ m²)
- Wi-Fi: No
- Entertainment system: DVD player, living room TV, bedroom TV with cable
- Room service: 24 hours
- Sofa beds
- Complimentary newspapers
- In-room safes
- Direct-dial phones
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiltries
- Hair dryer
- Separate sitting area
- Mini bar
- Air conditioning
- Low season online specials from US$961 per night
- High season online specials from US$1,186 per night
Restaurants and bars
- The Reef restaurant
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Business center
- Fitness facility
The Deep Ocean Spa by Algotherm is one of the finest and most acclaimed spas in the South Pacific. It occupies over 1,225 square meters (13,200 square feet) of natural space on the island at the center of the resort.
- Island tour via outrigger canoe, jet ski, or car
What the reviews say
This being a world-class 5-star resort, it’s not surprising the reviews are nearly all gushing with praise. Guests mention how large the rooms are and how everything is top quality, including the staff. There are a few criticisms however, including the price as it is a more expensive resort, the dining options and the restaurant service.
In order to reach the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa you’ll need to fly to Tahiti and then change planes for a short flight to Bora Bora. Once there you’ll be met by hotel staff who will transport you to the resort by private speedboat for an additional charge.