Likuliku Lagoon Resort in Fiji
Part of the small Fiji-based Ahura Resorts company, the Likuliku Lagoon Resort is a 5-star hotel located on a small private island, and is ideally set up for honeymoons and other romantic getaways. There are 10 overwater bungalows (called overwater bures at the resort itself) along with 35 beachfront and garden bungalows.
The overwater bungalows as well as the other rooms are all large and very well appointed, using local materials and themes throughout, so the resort has a distinctive Polynesian feeling that isn’t present at some of the larger chain resorts. The food in particular gets rave reviews from previous guests, and the dining and lounge facilities are perfectly suited to romantic couples.
The Likuliku Lagoon Resort is located on a small private island called Malolo Island in the Mamanuca archipelago that lies west of the main Fiji island of Vitilevu in the South Pacific.
- Overwater bungalows: 10
- Beds: One kingsize bed
- Area: 646 sq ft (60 m²)
- Wi-Fi: Available, plus free Wi-Fi in main building
- Entertainment system: Flatscreen TV with DVD player (no cable or satellite), music system
- Room service: No
Special room features
- Indoor & outdoor showers
- Spacious deck
- Separate bathing pavilion with bathtub
- Mini-bar on request
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Complimentary Fiji Water and fresh baked cookies and ice daily
- Iron & board
- In-room safe
- Bath robes
- Beach towels
- Lounge area
- Pure Fiji His & Her amenities
- Likuliku Lei
- Complimentary Likuliku Sulu (sarong)
- Evening turn-down service
- Low season online specials from US$1,312 per night
- High season online specials from US$1,512 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating
- Masima Island Bar
- Dua Tale Bar
- Private Function Room with outdoor terrace
- Horizon-edge freshwater swimming pool with sun loungers
- Weddings and coordination service
- Snorkelling Equipment
- Bush walks
The Tatadra Spa is nestled against the green slopes of the island with Lagoon views and soothing breezes. Guests can choose a Fijian-style massage or select any number of natural beauty and body treatments to soothe your soul from the range of Pure Fiji products.
- Game fishing
- Fijian village Tour
- Island Hopping Tour
- Dolphin Spotting Tour
- Snorkelling Trips
What the reviews say
Reviews for the Likuliku Lagoon Resort tend to be glowing, as you’d expect from an expensive 5-star resort. Most guests stay in the non-overwater rooms, since there are more of them, and those who stay in the overwater bungalows do tend to be very happy and impressed.
The food in particular gets great reviews, as does the service from the staff. It’s also pointed out that this resort is definitely best suited to honeymoons and other romantic holidays for couples, as the facilities are only for two guests per room, and there are virtually no family activities available beyond swimming and snorkeling.
To reach the Likuliku Lagoon Resort you need to fly to the main Nadi International Airport in Fiji, and then take a water taxi, catamaran, speed boat, sea plane, or helicopter to the island where the resort sits.
Video tour of a water villa at Likuliku Lagoon Resort