Vakarufalhi Island Resort – Maldives
Featuring 25 water villas in addition to 50 island bungalows, the Vakarufalhi Island Resort is a small island that operates mostly on an all-inclusive basis. Many aspects of the resort remind guests of traditional Maldives resorts where guests can go barefoot during their entire stay if they like.
This is a solid 4-star private-island resort that gets very good reviews, with a renowned house reef and diving nearby. The staff here are also very attentive so it could be worth the higher price for those who like everything just perfect. The water villas are all very large and modern since they were only added to the resort in 2009.
The Vakarufalhi Island Resort is located in South Ari Atoll, about 140 kilometers southwest of Malé International Airport in the Maldives.
25 Water Villas
- Wi-Fi: In all public areas
- Entertainment system: 42” plasma TV, DVD player
- Room service: No
50 Island Villas
Special room features
- Private verandah with day bed & chairs
- Wooden floors
- Ceiling fan
- Sitting area
- Stocked Mini Bar
- Tea/coffee making facility
- Espresso machine (available at an additional charge)
- IDD dialing facilities
- Hair dryer
- A semi open-air bathroom with garden
- Shower cubical & shower
- Low season online specials from US$531 per night
- High season online specials from US$680 per night
*Sea-plane return transfer from Malé Airport: US$380 per adult
*Speedboat return transfer from Malé Airport: US$275 per adult
Restaurants and bars
- Ilaa Dining Room
- Ihaa bar
- Wind surfing
- Beach volleyball
- Table tennis, darts, football and many indoor board games
- “Bodu Beru” cultural dance shows
- Diver’s slide show
- The famous crab race
- Movie under the stars
- Live band
The Duniye Spa is a full-service luxury spa that features a wide variety of massages and treatments.
- Big Game Fishing
- Sunset Fishing
- Whale Shark Seeking
- The Robinson Crusoe
- Snorkeling Excursions
- Discovering a Virgin Island
- Manta Point
- Turtle Excursion
- Sunset Cocktail with Lucky Dolphin Seeking
- Fisherman village excursion
What the reviews say
Reviews of the Vakarufalhi Island Resort are almost universally very positive, with a great number of past guests using the world “paradise” to describe this small island, far more often than normal, even for the Maldives. Many guests state that the staff and the resort itself are exceptional and near perfect.
The also food gets very high marks for both quality and variety, which is somewhat rare for a resort that is mostly all-inclusive. The house reef and diving opportunities also receive much praise so this is a place to seriously consider if everything else looks right.
35 min flying by seaplane from the hulhule International Airport, then you take a 10 min ride in a traditional dhoni
To reach the Vakarufalhi Island Resort you’ll need to fly to the main Malé International Airport in the Maldives. From there you’ll be met by hotel staff who will assist you to a 35-minute seaplane flight and then a 10-minute ride in a traditional dhoni to the resort itself.
Similar resorts to consider
- 6 Best all-inclusive Maldives water-villa resorts
- 6 Best Maldives water-villa resorts with excellent scuba diving