St. George’s Caye Resort – Belize
Featuring only 12 total rooms, the St. George's Caye Resort is a boutique couples hotel on a private island just off the coast of Belize City. Excellent scuba diving and snorkeling are huge draws here, but this is also a romantic couples resort where guests under the age of 15 aren't allowed at all. The 6 Over The Sea Cabanas are all located on the same semi-circular pier, so they aren't quite like the individual bungalows on stilts that you'll find in the South Pacific or the Maldives.
St. George's Caye Resort works on a mostly all-inclusive basis, with only a few things like scuba diving being charged extra. All food and even one rum punch daily are included in the room rate, so this place is a much better value than it otherwise might seem. It's very popular for honeymoons and even weddings, and is sometimes rented out entirely for one large group.
St. George's Caye Resort is located on a mostly-private island just 7 miles northeast of Belize City in Belize.
6 Over The Sea Cabanas
- Beds: 1 queensize
- Wi-Fi: No
- Entertainment system: None
- Room service: No
Special room features
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling and floor fans
- Stocked mini-fridge
- Private bathroom with shower, soaps, shampoo, conditioner, sewing kit, nail file
- Individual safe for your valuables
- Daily housekeeping
- Beach towels
- Personal hammock
- Coffee, tea and fresh-squeezed orange juice on your private veranda
- Breakfast every morning
- Nightly turndown service
Room rate also includes:
- Unlimited use of kayaks, windsurfing boards, Hobie Cat sail boats, and snorkeling gear
- Free instruction on windsurfing and Hobie Cat sailing
- 24/7 access to saline swimming pool, including “Try SCUBA” in the pool
- Airport transfers – from and to the airport (or any Belize City location)
- First rum punch on the house every day
- Daily housekeeping and nightly turndown service
- Concierge scheduling of diving, snorkeling, excursions, spa treatments
- Valet luggage service for arrival and departure
- Wireless internet access in main lodge, lounge, and outdoor dining area
- Low season from US$149 per night
- High season from US$149 per night
Book online at the St. George's Caye Resort official website.
Restaurants and bars
- St. George's Restaurant
- Scuba diving
- Swimming pool
- Complimentary use of hobie cats, kayaks, windsurfing boards, snorkeling gear
- Complimentary wireless internet service in main lodge
- Private airport transfers
- Easy access to beach
The St. George's Island Spa offers a variety of massages and other treatments.
- Howler Monkey Nature Walk
- Altun Ha Maya Ruins Tour
- Lamanai Maya Ruins Tour
- Belize Zoo
- Cave Tubing
- Jungle Zip Line
What the reviews say
Reviews of the St. George's Caye Resort are generally excellent, with nearly all of them rewarding 5 stars all across the board. The location gets high marks, as do the rooms, but it's mostly the service that previous guests rave about. In fact, almost every single review praises the service, which is a fantastic sign as bad service can easily ruin a trip.
The food and drinks get high praise as well, which is a bit unusual at a place where they are all included in the price. As long as you understand that this is a small private-island boutique resort with almost no nightlife, it seems that your expectations will be met or exceeded if you visit.
To reach the St. George's Caye Resort you first need to fly into the main Belize City International Airport. From there you'll be met by resort staff for a private ride to a boat landing, and then transport on the resort's private boat to the island itself. Those staying at least 4 nights receive all of this included in their room rate, otherwise it's US$75 per person.