Six Senses Laamu – Maldives
Uniquely designed, the Six Senses Laamu Resort is the newest in the Six Senses fleet in the Maldives, and their second featuring overwater bungalows. Their former sister resort, Gili Lankanfushi Maldives might be the finest in the region, and this one is off to an excellent start with nearly flawless reviews. The Six Senses Laamu Resort has 97 total rooms, 73 of which are water villas.
The rooms are all quite large and are filled with amenities, including a sunken ocean-view all-glass bathtub, although the style is definitely “island” rather than “luxury.” There are several proper restaurants plus lite options, as well as a luxurious full-service spa. Special room rates during their opening months make this a very good value, especially considering the reputation of the company and their previous resorts here.
The Six Senses Laamu Resort is located on Olhuveli Island in the Laamu Atoll, about 500 kilometers south of Malé International Airport in the Maldives.
73 Water Villas
24 Island villas and suites
Beds: One King or two twin sized beds
Area: 1,163 sq ft (108 m²)
Entertainment system: 37″ LCD satellite TV, Bose sound system
Room service: Available
Special room features
- Sunken ocean view all-glass bathtub
- Private water garden
- Outdoor relaxing platform with daybeds, sun lounges and over-water netting
- Aquarium dining deck with all-glass table
- Panoramic upper dining deck and viewing platform with day beds
- Personal bar and fresh beverage facilities
- IDD telephone
- Outdoor bathroom and rain shower
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic pillows on request
- In room safe
- Lighted make-up/shaving mirror
- iPods and Docking Stations
- Tea/coffee maker
- Low season online specials from US$973 per night
- High season online specials from US$1,378 per night
*Speedboat return transfer from Malé Airport: US$604 per adult
Restaurants and bars
- LEAF Restaurant – Contemporary Mediterranean
- Longitude – International overwater restaurant
- Zen- overwater restaurant
- Ice & Chocolate Studio- Ice cream shop
- Chill – Lounge and bar
- Sip Sip- poolside dining and bar
- Dive center
- Catamaran sailing
- Water skiing
The Six Senses Spa has a variety of treatment rooms and therapies available. This is a 5-star spa mixing Asian and Western methods.
- Local island excursions by private speed boat
What the reviews say
Unsurprisingly, the reviews of the Six Senses Laamu are almost universally exceptional. The Six Senses resorts are famous for quality and attention to detail for those who can afford them, and reviews for this new resort are gushingly positive. Guests love the remoteness and the casual atmosphere plus the huge and well appointed water villas.
The food also gets great praise with many people noting the diverse menu choices that are hard to find at many Maldives resorts. The diving and other water sports also get very high marks here so if you like the list of things they are offering and the price is right then reading the reviews will confirm that this is the right resort for you.
To reach the Six Senses Laamu Resort you'll first fly to Malé International Airport. From there you'll take a 50-minute domestic flight to Kadhdhoo Airport and then a 25-minute boat ride to Olhuveli Island and the resort itself.
Similar resorts to consider
- 6 Best honeymoon water villa resorts in the Maldives
- 6 Best Maldives super-luxury water villa resorts