Sandals Grande St. Lucian Resort – Saint Lucia
Resting on some of the calmest waters off of St. Lucia, the Sandals Grande St. Lucian Resort is a prime location for those seeking a Caribbean getaway dripping in luxury. Here guests will find themselves immersed in a tropical escape complete with a spa, a rather large number of dining options, on-site activities and nearby tours. Guests will also find beautiful views in every direction from the ocean itself to volcanic mountains that beg to be photographed.
Newly added and available for booking, the resort's overwater rooms cater with glass floor panels, a private outdoor soaking tub, over the water hammocks, a pillow menu and a bistro set for two. In addition, guests staying in these rooms will also find themselves privy to the resort's Butler Elite service alongside 24 hour room service. When viewing the room rates below, keep in mind that nightly rates are higher for stays that are 1 and/or 2 nights in length. These are the only other in the Caribbean aside from the overwater bungalows in Jamaica at Sandals resorts.
- 1 Location
- 2 Rooms/villas/suites
- 3 Restaurants and bars
- 4 Resort features
- 5 Spa
- 6 Nearby activities
- 7 What the reviews say
- 8 Getting there
- 9 How to choose which Sandals resort is best for you?
- 10 Photo Gallery of the Sandals Grande St. Lucian Resort
The Sandals Grande St. Lucian Resort is located on the Gros Islet on the Caribbean island of Saint Lucia.
9 Overwater Honeymoon Butler Bungalows
- Beds: 4-poster king size bed
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Entertainment system: HD Smart TV with cable channels
- Room service: Butler Elite Service and a 24 hour room service
Special room features
- Air conditioning
- Coffee and tea maker
- Bar with premium liquor
- iPod dock with an alarm clock
- Make up mirror
- Pillow menu
- Private outdoor shower
- Sitting area
- Tranquility soaking tub
- Refrigerator with water, sodas and juice
- His and her robes
- Red Lane Spa amenity kit
- Living room
- Iron and ironing board
- Ceiling fan
- Glass floor cutout for underwater viewing
- Low season online specials from US$2,239 per night
- High season online specials from US$2,239 per night
Beach rooms at Sandals start around US$500 per night per couple all-inclusive. If the overwater bungalows are too expensive or unavailable then Sandals still might be your best all-inclusive choice in the Caribbean.
Restaurants and bars
- Bayside Restaurant
- Toscaninis Fine Italian Cuisine Restaurant
- Josephines Gourmet Creperie Restaurant
- Barefoot By the Sea Restaurant
- Olde London Pub Restaurant
- Gordon's Pier Restaurant
- Dinos Pizzeria Italiana Restaurant
- The Jerk Shack Restaurant
- The Mariner Seaside Bar and Grill
- Bombay Club Restaurant
- Kimnos Oriental Cuisine
- Soy Restaurant
- Hobie Cats
- 5 pools
- 4 whirlpools
- Paddle boarding
- Scuba diving
- Knee boarding
- Beach volleyball
- Table tennis
- Pool tables
- Fitness center
- Nighty entertainment
- A boutique
- Private Cabanas
- Over the water wedding chapel
The Red Lane Spa offers a variety of treatments, including a body scrub, massages, a mani and pedi session and couples treatments.
- Piton Sunset Cruise
- Mutiny Explorer by Land & Sea
- Saint Lucia Lover's Rock Sunset Cruise
- Soufriere Fountain of Youth
- Soufriere Jeep Discovery & Waterfall Revelation
What the reviews say
Reviews for the Sandals Grande St. Lucian Resort are extremely positive with nearly every guest citing how friendly the staff is, how great the dining options are (especially for those who may be a little picky when it comes to their available choices) and how they love the amount of pools there are to relax in and enjoy. Couples seem to particularity enjoy this resort, making it a great option for those who are seeking a romantic weekend in the Caribbean. Though guests seem to love pretty much everything about the overwater rooms, by far it seems that the butler service is the most appreciated.
To reach the Sandals Grande St. Lucian Resort, you'll first fly into the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) where you'll then be picked up by the resort's free airport transfer. This transfer will then take you directly to the resort.
How to choose which Sandals resort is best for you?
I've had the privilege to visit all three Sandals resorts with overwater bungalows and I thought it would be helpful to compare and contrast them to help people confidently choose the right one for their needs.