Maalifushi by COMO – Maldives
Its second luxury resort in the Maldives, the COMO hotel group already operates the Cocoa Island Resort, which has among the best reputations among all tropical resorts. The Maalifushi by COMO Resort is the first of its kind, however, to open in the beautiful Thaa Atoll and is a top choice among well-heeled travelers looking for world-class facilities and service.
Even the most modest class of the water villas here is huge, and they all come with a private pool. The higher levels of accommodation also come with personal butler service. There are 66 total villas and suites at the Maalifushi by COMO, including 33 overwater villas. The location is a bit remote, even for the Maldives, but 5-star boutique resorts in this area with this kind of serenity are highly sought after by the sorts of visitors likely to book here.
The Maalifushi by COMO Resort is located about 230 kilometers southwest of Malé International Airport in the Maldives.
- 17 Water Suites with private pool (107m²)
- 13 Water Villas with private pool (120m²)
- 1 Maalifushi Water Villa, 2 Bedrooms, private pool (213m²)
- 2 COMO Villas, 2 Bedrooms, private pool (408m²)
- 33 Garden and Beach Rooms, Suites, and Villas
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary
- Entertainment system: 46” LED/plasma satellite TV with DVD player, iPod docks
- Room service: Yes
Special room features
- Private pool and sundeck with loungers and dining table
- Bathtub and separate shower stall
- Air conditioning and antique colonial ceiling fan
- Mini bar and snacks
- Coffee/tea making facilities (Nespresso machine)
- International direct dial telephone
- Low season online specials from US$2,021 per night
- High season online specials from US$2,566 per night
*Sea-plane return transfer from Malé Airport: US$694.40 per adult
Restaurants and bars
- Madi – All day international dining
- Thila – Informal Maldives restaurant and pool bar
- Taj – Japanese cuisine with sushi bar and cocktail bar
- Private dining
- Room service
- Personalised butler service (Beach Villas, COMO Residence, Maalifushi Water Villas and COMO Villas only)
- 44m-long freeform swimming pool
- Watersports centre
- Yoga pavilion
- Steam facility (separate male/female)
- Gym with weights and cardio equipment
The COMO Shambhala Retreat features eight overwater, ocean-facing treatment rooms, steam rooms, a pool, and an open air yoga pavillion—all enveloped by blue horizons and gentle sea breezes.
Beach picnics on neighboring deserted islands
What the reviews say
Reviews for The Maalifushi by COMO Resort are very positive and show guests love for their time here. In fact, most have a hard time leaving, which is always something you want to here about a resort. This resort receives praise for its staff, food, activities and rooms, making it a clear winner in each category.
Over water rooms are described as airy, dreamy, filled with white and beautiful, making them seem like the perfect place to relax. The house reef is said to have a great supply of sea life and coral as well as hold clear water that is easy to snorkel and enjoy.
To reach the Maafushivaru Resort Maldives you'll need to fly to the main Malé International Airport in the Maldives. From there, guests will take a domestic air transfer from Malé to Thimarafushi Airport, which takes 35 minutes. From Thimarafushi Airport, guests will then take a private speedboat transfer to Maalifushi, which takes 25 minutes.