Jumeirah Vittaveli Resort – Maldives
Surrounded by one of the healthiest reef systems in the Maldives, the Jumeirah Vittaveli Resort, with its private, spacious and carefully designed rooms, has set a new standard for luxury in the Maldives. There are 91 villas and suites here, 46 of which are overwater bungalows. The smaller class of rooms are massive themselves, though most of that area is outdoors in the form of private decks and a private swimming pool.
This is set to be a 5-star deluxe property, with some of the highest per-room prices in the Maldives. Those who are looking for the best of the best should give this place a serious look. The location close to the main Maldives airport is another bonus that makes getting in and out much easier than at most of these private-island resorts.
The Jumeirah Vittaveli Resort is located on Bolifushi Island, about 12 kilometers southwest of Malé International Airport in the Maldives.
39 Lagoon Villas with pool
- Area: 2,153 sq ft (200 m²)
7 Lagoon Suites with pool
- Area: 2,756 sq ft (256 m²)
- Two levels
Beds: One deluxe king size bed
Entertainment: 42″ flat screen TV, Bose sound system, iPod docking station
Room service: Available
Special features in all rooms
- Timber flooring and high ceiling bedroom
- Spacious walk-in wardrobe
- Safe (laptop capable in size with built in charger)
- Private wine cellar, nespresso machine, tea making facilities
- Hair dryer, iron and iron board
- Indoor walk-through marble rain shower
- Separate outdoor shower with mesmerising views
- Outdoor round bath tub
- Private swimming pool (17m2) with sunbeds
- Private massage and dining sale (28m2)
- Personalised chef on request
- Extensive pillows menu
- Low season online specials from US$1,920 per night
- High season online specials from US$2,300 per night
*Speedboat return transfer from Malé Airport: US$200 per adult
Restaurants and bars
- Mu – Beach Bar and Grill
- Fenesse – Overwater Restaurant
- Swarna – Indian cuisine Restaurant
- Health Spa and gym
- Dive Centre
- Kuda Koli Kid's Club
The Talise Spa at Jumeirah Vittaveli is a full service 5-star luxury spa with treatment rooms and a yoga center.
- Deep sea fishing
- Private charter excursions
What the reviews say
Most reviews are highly positive, citing thoughtful and timely customer service, a nice selection of different plates from the onsite restaurants and great visibility at the reef right outside of each bungalow. It is also noted that reviewers touched on the low current surrounding the overwater rooms as well. This is great to hear if you're a beginner or first time snorkeler looking for an easy time on the water. Rooms themselves were given a pretty impressive rating, with guests loving every aspect, from the complete privacy to the decor.
To reach the Jumeirah Vittaveli Resort you need to fly to Malé International Airport. From there you'll be met by resort staff who will help you aboard a private 20-minute speedboat ride to the resort.