Huvafen Fushi Maldives
One of the smaller private-island resorts in the Maldives, the Huvafen Fushi Resort has 26 water villas plus 17 beach villas and suites. This is a serious 5-star resort with a large staff to tend to your every wish. Even the smallest class of overwater bungalows is huge, and includes a small private plunge pool on its two-level deck leading into the lagoon.
With its more intimate size plus the higher prices, this is an ideal honeymoon resort, and probably not well suited to groups or families. The two largest ocean pavilions each have two bedrooms plus their own infinity pool, plus they are secluded at the far (sunset) end of the platforms, so they make for an ideal family or group accommodation for those who can afford the high price tag.
The Huvafen Fushi Maldives is located about 25 kilometers northwest of the Male’ International Airport in the Maldives.
12 Lagoon Bungalows with Plunge Pool
- Area: 1,399 sq ft (130 m²)
12 Ocean Bungalows with Plunge Pool
- Area: 1,722 sq ft (160 m²)
- Living room
- Oversized Jacuzzi
- Massage room with glass floor
2 Ocean Pavilions with Private Infinity Pool
- Area: 3,552 sq ft (330 m²)
- 2 bedrooms
- Private butler
- Stocked library
17 Island suites and villas
Special features in all rooms
- Beds: 1 Oversize king
- Wi-Fi: Available
- Entertainment system: 40″ Plasma TV with Bose Surround system, DVD
- Room service: 24 hours
- Low season online specials from US$1,866 per night
- High season online specials from US$2,148 per night
*Speedboat return transfer from Malé Airport: US$369.60 per adult
Restaurants and bars
- Scuba diving (PADI certified)
- Outdoor saltwater flotation pool
- Overwater fully-equipped gym
- Water sports center with complimentary non-motorized activities
- Fibre optic-lit infinity-edge swimming pool
- Library/Internet facilities
- Dry cleaning
- Room service
- Luggage storage
- Laundry service
- Shuttle service
Lime Spa claims to be the world's first underwater spa, featuring a wide variety of massages and treatments with 5-star service.
- Sunset fishing
- Dhoni cruises
- Big game fishing
- Dolphin cruise
What the reviews say
Reviews for the Huvafen Fushi Resort are generally excellent and some of the best in all of the Maldives, which may not be too surprising given that this is also among the more expensive resorts in the region. Generally the island is rated as fabulous, and the rooms are very large and well appointed.
A few reviewers seem to feel that the service wasn't quite up to 5 stars, and another complained about the large portions in the restaurants, but overall people seem to gush about this resort, making it a fine choice for those who can afford it. There are even some reviews that state a planned second visit.
To reach the Huvafen Fushi Maldives you'll need to fly to Male’ International Airport in the Maldives where you'll be met by resort staff and then helped aboard a private speedboat for the 35-minute ride to the island itself.
Similar resorts to consider
- 6 Best honeymoon water villa resorts in the Maldives
- 6 Best Maldives super-luxury water villa resorts