Diamonds Athuruga Beach & Water Villas – All inclusive
Featuring 25 water villas as well as 46 beach villas, the Diamonds Athuruga Beach & Water Villas is an all-inclusive resort with a unique sense of style. The water villas have a strong theme of the color white inside and out, giving them a 5-star feel that is not typical of Maldives resorts.
The snorkeling here is excellent, featuring one of the best house reefs in the region, and diving and many other activities are available nearby. The rates here are very good value, particularly if you book a longer stay in the slower season. The all-inclusive deal comes with all food and drinks, including most types of alcohol, even beer and wine in the mini-bar. This resort is nearly identical to its sister property, the nearby Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas.
- 1 Rooms/villas/suites
- 2 What the reviews say
The Diamonds Athuruga Beach & Water Villas is located on South Ari Atoll, about 80 kilometers southwest of Malé International Airport in the Maldives.
15 Lagoon View Villas
10 Sunset View Villas
Beds: One canopy king size bed
Entertainment system: Apple iMac with movies and music
Room service: No
46 Beach Villas
Special room features
- Sofa bed
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- IDD (International Direct Dialling) telephone
- Stocked mini bar
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Luggage rack
- In-room digital safe
- Spacious walk-in showers with double shower head and private access to outside terrace
- Twin basins
- Vanity mirror
- Personalized fine toiletries
- Daily refurbished beach towels
- Electric current 220 volts, 50 cycles
- Low season online specials from US$921 per night
- High season online specials from US$1,205 per night
*Sea-plane return transfer from Malé Airport: US$504 per adult
Restaurants and bars
- Main Restaurant
- Overwater Restaurant
- Main Bar
- Water Bar
- Water sports centre with Hobbie cat, Windsurfing, Laser dinghy and canoes
- Snorkeling equipment and life vests
- Snorkeling guided tours of the house reef
- Snorkeling trips and sunset snorkeling (extra charge)
- Robinson Crusoe half day excursions (extra charge)
- I-Dive Diving centre (extra charge)
- Daily dive trips
- Dive courses and equipment rental
- Diving Shop
- Nintendo Wii
- Live music
- Tailoring services
- Business center
- Children's services: cradles and high chairs
The Serena Spa is a full-service luxury spa located on-site which offers a wide range of massages and treatments.
- Big Game fishing, reef casting and bottom fishing (extra charge)
What the reviews say
Reviews of the Diamonds Athuruga Beach & Water Villas are generally extremely positive. The rooms get high marks, especially the water villas, as being large, very comfortable, and cleaned thoroughly each day. The house reef also gets great marks with the snorkeling here being among the best in all of the Maldives with a plethora of tropical fish and healthy coral.
The food in the restaurants and the service also fare well in reviews, though a few guests complain that there isn't as much choice as they'd like for a longer stay. There are also a few reports of mix-ups on check-in, with rooms not being available for the duration of the reservation, but they seem to be dealt with properly in the end.
To reach the Diamonds Athuruga Beach & Water Villas you'll need to fly to the main Malé International Airport in the Maldives. From there you'll be met by hotel staff who will put you on a sea plane for the 20-minute flight to the resort itself.
Similar resorts to consider
- 6 Best all-inclusive Maldives water-villa resorts
- 9 Best Maldives water villa resorts with few or no children