Angsana Laguna Phuket – Thailand
One of Phuket's largest luxury resorts, the Angsana Laguna Phuket has over 400 total rooms, including 18 Lagoon Villas that extend over the water, making them the closest thing Thailand has to an overwater bungalow. The villas are two stories and filled with luxury features, so the hotel is an excellent value considering the price category.
While most of the rooms at the Angsana Laguna are adequate, the Lagoon Villas in particular are perfect either for a honeymoon or even for a family holiday. They have a private and secluded feeling even though they are steps from the abundant recreation and dining options within the resort.
The Angsana Laguna Phuket Resort is located on the northwest coast of the island of Phuket in southern Thailand.
36 Angsana One-Bedroom Overwater Lofts
- Beds: 1 kingsize bed plus one sofabed
- Area: 947 sq ft (88 m²) on two levels
- Wi-Fi: Available
- Entertainment system: 25-inch television with satellite channels, DVD/CD player, Bose entertainment center
- Room service: 24 hours
Special room features
- Outdoor rain shower
- Sunken Jacuzzi tub
- Complimentary à la carte breakfast
- Modern wet bar
- Comfortable sofa bed
- Fresh fruit and pure spring water replenished daily
- Complimentary Access to Outdoor Tennis Courts
- Complimentary Use of Non-Motorized Water Sports Equipment
- Exclusive Use of Grande Villa Pool
- Complimentary Cocktail Hour in Grande Villa Gardens
- Separate Indoor Shower
- Bathrobes & Slippers
- Deluxe Bath Amenities
- Mini Bar
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- Coffee and Tea Maker
- Floor to Ceiling Windows
- Private Balcony
- In-Room Electronic Safe
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Air-Conditioned Rooms
- Low season online specials from US$197 per night
- High season online specials from US$367 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Birds of Paradise
- Chao Lay
- Gekko Steak & Seafood
- Loy Krathong Lounge
- Poolside Restaurant & Bar
- Village Bakery
- Asia’s longest outdoor swimming pool – 323 metres of fresh water canals
- Laguna Phuket Golf Club
- Snorkel or Scuba dive through coral reefs
- Sailing lessons
- Water polo
- Tennis courts
- Jogging paths
- Fitness center
- VIK (Very Important Kids) Club
The Angsana Spa is a first-class full-service spa with a wide variety of Western and Asian pampering and beauty procedures.
- Elephant trekking
What the reviews say
The Angsana Laguna Phuket is a huge and very popular resort, and reviews from previous guests tend to be extremely good, though of course there are a few who weren't totally happy. In general the staff and service get high marks, and the Lagoon Villas, which are the overwater bungalow-style rooms, get raves for being both huge and luxurious.
As you'd expect with such a large resort that has hundreds of rooms, there are delays for some things, which people report, but also a huge variety of dining and recreation options, so it tends to balance out, and the Angsana Laguna Phuket is mostly highly rated.
To reach the Angsana Laguna Phuket you'll need to fly to the main international airport in Phuket, Thailand. Once there you'll be greeted by a special lounge for the resort where you'll have a short wait for a private bus that will take you to the hotel for free.