Rosewood Mayakoba – Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Featuring 18 Deluxe Overwater Lagoon Suites as well as 110 additional suites in different configurations, the Rosewood Mayakoba Resort is an ultra-luxury hotel set in an eco-complex near Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The overwater suites are enormous and perched above a mangrove lagoon near the sea, and each comes with a private plunge pool among many other 5-star amenities.
Rated as one of Mexico’s finest luxury resorts, the Rosewood Mayakoba has its own beach out front, and the amazing lagoon just behind it, as well as an adjacent championship golf course and a deluxe on-site spa. The resort also has private butler service, so guests have access to 24-hour help in arranging private dining, unpacking help, or booking local tours. Based on the overwhelmingly positive guest reviews, this resort provides excellent service and offers good value in the 5-star category near Cancun.
The Rosewood Mayakoba Resort is located just north of Playa del Carmen, along the Riveria Maya, about 42 miles south of Cancun in Mexico.
18 Deluxe overwater lagoon suites
- Beds: 1 king-size
- Area: 977 sq ft (88 m²)
- Wi-Fi: Available
- Entertainment system: Satellite TV, CD player, iPod docking station
- Room service: 24 hours
Special room features
- Lounge terrace with a heated plunge pool
- Luxurious bathroom complete with outdoor garden shower
- Private walk in closet
- Unique spectacular view of the lagoon and mangroves
- Outdoor deck & boat dock
- In-room tequila welcome
- Daily housekeeping including nightly turndown service
- Fresh fruit bowl and bottled water replenished daily
- In-room WiFi with premium service available
- Bose audio & sound
- Satellite television & music
- CD & DVD player and IPOD docking station
- Dual telephone line for modem/phone
- Safety deposit box
- Hair dryer
- Low season online specials from US$709 per night
- High season online specials from US$860 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Casa del Lago restaurant and bar
- La Cava – wine cellar
- Punta Bonita
- Agave Azul Raw Bar & Tequila Library
- A Sense Of Taste
- Championship golf course
- Swimming at beachfront, infinity-edge & spa pools
- Water sports
- Fitness center
- Snorkeling and diving excursions to the world’s second largest reef or in Mexico’s crystal-clear cenotes that spring from subterranean rivers
- Horseback riding
- Tequila tastings
- Deep-sea & sports fishing
- Yoga classes
- Rose Buds® for Children
- The Spot clubhouse
- Concierge service
- Valet service
- Butler Service: The resort’s professionally trained butlers offer the most exclusive personalized service. Whether it is the preparation of a romantic bubble bath or an intimate terrace dinner, coordinating a day trip to Chichen Itzá or simply offering unpacking service, the 24-hour butler department is ready to exceed guests’ expectations from the most basic to the most intricate of requests.
Located in the heart of the resort – Sense, A Rosewood Spa – is ensconced on its own island, melding water and earth to reflect the nurturing soul of Mexico’s Riviera Maya.
- Shopping in nearby Playa del Carmen
- Laguna Chankanaab
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve
- Chichen Itza
What the reviews say
Reviews for the Rosewood Mayakoba Resort are excellent, and it’s among the highest rated resorts in the Cancun/Maya Riviera region. Virtually every review is 5 stars out of 5, with most guests praising the large size of the overwater suites (as well as the other rooms) and the private plunge pools and their temperature control.
This resort does well at providing a paradise feeling for its guests, and the staff and service are extremely attentive based on their track record. A small number of guests mention that the spa or restaurants are more expensive than they expected, but for one of the top rated 5-star resorts in Mexico, it’s not surprising that they aren’t cheap.
To reach the Rosewood Mayakoba Resort you will fly into Cancun International Airport. From there you can arrange for a taxi, shuttle, or car rental, or you can pre-arrange resort-chauffeured transportion from the hotel in advance. The drive is about 42 miles (70 kilometers) and will take about an hour.