Manava Beach Resort and Spa Moorea
A boutique hotel featuring 28 overwater bungalows in addition to 66 garden and beach rooms and suites, the Manava Beach Resort and Spa Moorea (formally known as the Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa) is perfectly situated on a gorgeous and convenient corner of Moorea Island.
Unlike many other hotels in the South Pacific, this resort heavily incorporates the Polynesian surroundings rather than trying to seem more like a European spa. As a result, the place has more of a “paradise” feeling than most other overwater bungalow resorts in the region.
- 1 Location
- 2 Rooms/villas/suites
- 3 Rates
- 4 Restaurants and bars
- 5 Resort features
- 6 Spa
- 7 Nearby activities
- 8 What the reviews say
- 9 Getting there
- 10 Video tour of a water villa at the Manava Beach Resort and Spa Moorea
- 11 Photo gallery of the Manava Beach Resort and Spa Moorea – Click to enlarge
The Manava Beach Resort and Spa Moorea is beautifully set along the north shore of the island of Moorea, which is only 11 miles (17km) from Tahiti itself.
The Manava Beach Resort and Spa Moorea offers 28 overwater bungalows, each with an identical design and furnishings. The premium bungalows are designated by view and location, but all of the overwater bungalows are of luxury standard.
8 Overwater Bungalows
20 Premium Overwater bungalows
- Beds: 1 king size bed + 1 single bed
- Area: Area: 517 sq.ft. (48 m²)
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Entertainment system: Satellite 26′ flat screen TV + DVD/CD player
- Special features: Glass floor cutout so you can observe the sea life from inside the bungalow, Air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini-bar (on request), Sundeck with direct access to the lagoon, bathtub, in-room safe
- Low season online specials from US$494 per night
- High season online specials from US$553 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Le Mahana'i Restaurant
- Autera'a Bar
- Room service: 6:30am to 9:30pm
- On-site diving center
- Polynesian tattoos
- Infinity pool
- Free snorkeling gear rental
- Table tennis
- Sun loungers
- Outrigger canoes
Manea Spa follows in the Polynesian traditions and features a steam bath, 3 massage tables, a special pool for aquatic massages, and a rain shower room.
- Deep-sea fishing
- Scuba diving (on-site)
- Water skiing
- Jet skis
- Dolphin and whale watching
- Horseback riding
- Circle island tour
- Motu picnic
- Lagoon private cruise
What the reviews say
The reviews for the Manava Beach Resort and Spa Moorea are almost all extremely positive, with most of them using the word “paradise” somewhere in the title. Considering this is far from the most expensive resort in Moorea, that's an excellent sign. The service is regarded to be excellent and the location is convenient since it's near other restaurants and activities, which isn't true of some of the more remote resorts.
If you're traveling with kids, the reviews will definitely play in your favor as many parents state that they were able to take advantage of the ‘kids eat free' special and the large pool.
In order to reach the Manava Beach Resort and Spa Moorea you have to fly to Tahiti and then take a very short flight to Moorea Airport, which is fairly close to the resort. If you happen to be elsewhere in Tahiti already you can arrive by a 1-hour ferry ride and then a taxi from the ferry dock.