Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
Easily among the finest and most luxurious overwater resorts in the world, the Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa is for people who want the best of everything. Set on and around a private island in the Maldives, the resort and spa has a reputation for attentive service as well as privacy.
The smaller of the 38 overwater bungalows are still quite large, and perfectly suited to a honeymoon or any other romantic getaway, while the larger rooms are enormous and well suited to families or those who like space to spread out. Each water villa has stairs leading down to a private deck that is furnished for sunbathing and set up for swimming in the clear lagoon.
The Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa is located on a small island in the North Malé Atoll area, just 25 minutes by speedboat from the international airport in Malé, Maldives.
Overwater bungalows/villas: 38
There are three different villa types over the water at the Four Seasons Resort in the Maldives. The Sunrise or Sunset Water Bungalows are large and luxurious, with the One- and Two-bedroom Water Suites being even larger and more impressive. Sunset views tend to cost more than sunrise views.
Sunrise Water Bungalow
Sunset Water Bungalow
- Beds: King or two twin beds, plus daybed (by request)
- Area: 657 sq.ft. (61 m²)
- Wi-Fi: No
- Entertainment system: plasma-screen television, DVD/CD player, MP3 docking station
- Special features: 39 sq. meter sundeck, armoire with private bar, writing table, dressing room, spacious bathroom with twin vanity and deep tub.
Rate: Starting at US$1,265/night
Sunrise One-Bedroom Water Suite
Sunset One-Bedroom Water Suite
- Beds: King bed plus daybed (by request)
- Area: 980 sq.ft. (91 m2)
- Wi-Fi: No
- Entertainment system: plasma-screen television, full stereo system and DVD/CD player, MP3 docking station
- Special features: 55 square metres (592 square feet) of outdoor space, two decks with sun loungers and outdoor swim shower, espresso machine
Rate: Starting at US$2,100/night
Sunrise Two-Bedroom Water Suite
Sunset Two-Bedroom Water Suite
- Beds: King and two twin beds (plus two daybeds by request)
- Area: 1862 sq.ft. (173 m2)
- Wi-Fi: No
- Entertainment system: plasma-screen television, full stereo system, DVD/CD player, MP3 docking station
- Special features: 99 sq. meter (1,065 sq. ft.) private deck, lower swim platform with a swim shower, chaises longues and a table for outdoor dining, comfortable sofa and upholstered seating, writing desk, private bar and an espresso machine, two full bathrooms each with two vanities, deep soaking tub with ocean view, and separate shower.
Rate: Starting at US$4,300/night
58 Island suites and villas
Restaurants and Bars
- Baraabaru Restaurant
- Reef Clbu Restaurant
- Cafe Huraa
- Kandu Grill
- Poolside Bar
- Sunset Lounge
- Multilingual Concierge, open 24 hours
- The Library, featuring Internet access, a variety of books, magazines and games and a refreshment counter
- The Gym, with cardiovascular and weight-training equipment
- Morning and evening yoga sessions at the Yoga Pavilion
- Infinity-edge pool and children’s pool
- Kuda Mas Club, a full-day children’s programme for kids aged 4 to 12
- Furaavaru Teen Centre, for teenagers aged 13 to 18, featuring Nintendo Wii and PlayStation 2 with games such as Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution, a television, DVDs, magazines and board games
- 30-minute introductory surfing course available once a week
The Island Spa at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa has its own island and is one of the finest spas in the world. There are seven separate spa pavilions plus a separate yoga pavilion as well as spa treatments designed for younger people as well.
- Maldivian village tour to neighboring Bodu Huraa island
- Scuba diving
What the reviews say
As you might expect for a Four Seasons resort, the reviews are almost universally glowing, with nearly every one pointing out the excellent service, the spacious rooms, and how the resort itself still feels cosy and private. The only negative for some is the price, which is expected for a 5-star hotel near the top of the price range in the Maldives.
Fly to Malé International Airport in the Maldives and then take a private 25-minute speedboat ride directly to the resort.