LUX* South Ari Atoll Maldives Resort
Part of the Naiade Resorts Group, which operates 10 hotels in the Indian Ocean, LUX* South Ari Atoll Maldives Resort (formerly known as Diva Maldives as well as White Sands Resorts & Spa) is a 5-star private-island resort. Featuring 87 water villas along with 106 other rooms, suites, and villas, this is one of the larger resorts in the Maldives. Along with that you get a very wide selection of restaurants and bars, as well as activities and excursions available. The water villas are smaller than many in the area, but they are outfitted with first-class amenities and fittings, and all have large terraces with access to the water below. This is an excellent resort for family holidays, with specific facilities for younger children and teens, but it's also popular with honeymoon or romantic getaways.
- 1 Rooms/villas/suites
- 2 What the reviews say
The LUX* South Ari Atoll Maldives Resort is located in the Ari Atoll, approximately 80 kilometers southwest of the main island of Malé in the Maldives.
46 Water Villas Area: 764 sq ft (71 m²) including terrace 38 Prestige Water Villas Area: 1,055 sq ft (98 m²) including terrace 3 Family Water Villas Area: 1,389 sq ft (129 m²) including terrace 106 Island suites and villas
- Beds: One kingsize
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary
- Entertainment system: LCD TV screen with built-in DVD player
- Room service: 24 hours
Special room features
- Outdoor shower
- Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities
- Complimentary drinking water bottles in room
- Low season online specials from US$1,020 per night
- High season online specials from US$1,274 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Senses – Oriental flavours with an Indian Ocean touch
- Noo – Inventive international cuisine
- Pure – Tastes of modern Japanese dining
- East – A culinary tour of South East Asia
- Season – Sea-breezy dining on the beach
- Allegria – Cucina Italiana (Italian cuisine)
- Iru – Barefoot Champagne bar
- Veli – Poolside drinks and seafood bistro
- Musik – Tropical beats of Divaʼs nightclub
- 2 swimming pools
- 2 floodlit tennis courts
- Fitness centre (24 hours)
- Table tennis, billiards, and table football
- Euro-Divers, PADI-certified dive centre
- Snorkelling trips
- Fun tube rides
- Water skiing
- Jet skiing
- Pedal boats
- Catamaran trips
- The Nest (for kids)
- The Place (for teens)
- Wedding services
The Infinity Spa managed by Coconut Spa, features 15 exclusive spa villas.
- Shopping on nearby islands
- Cultural excursions
- Champagne sunset cruise
- Island tours and trips by speed boat or dhoni
- Sunset fishing
What the reviews say
In general, reviews for LUX* South Ari Atoll Maldives Resort are very good, with nearly every guest reporting an ideal stay on a paradise-like island. The rooms, food, staff, and service all get high marks from most, though a few do point out that the food and some other things can be expensive, which is actually true throughout the Maldives so it's important to be prepared for that.
A few guests also seemed to have confusion or other problems with their stay, which is also to be expected of such a large resort. Overall LUX* South Ari Atoll Maldives seems to be a solid choice for a honeymoon or even a family holiday.
To reach the LUX* South Ari Atoll Maldives Resort you'll need to fly to the main Malé International Airport in the Maldives. From there you'll board a seaplane for the 25-minute flight to the small island where the resort lies.
Similar resorts to consider
Video tour of a water villa at the LUX* South Ari Atoll Maldives Resort
The video below was taken before the name changed from Diva Maldives to LUX* South Ari Atoll Maldives in 2011.