Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas – All inclusive
With 25 oversized water villas in addition to 47 beach villas, the Diamonds Thudufushi Resort is nearly identical to its sister property, the nearby Diamonds Athuruga Resort. The water villas at both were added in 2011, with Italian architecture and styling that stands out among typical thatched huts in the Maldives.
This is an all-inclusive resort with all food, most alcohol, and even a few excursions being part of the single price, so value is better than it might look otherwise. The snorkeling in the house reef is said to be spectacular here so it's an excellent choice for those interested in witnessing the local sea life up close. There are no televisions here, but there is wi-fi in each room plus an iPod docking station.
- 1 Rooms/villas/suites
- 2 What the reviews say
The Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas is located on Thudufushi Island, about 80 kilometers southwest of Malé International Airport in the Maldives.
25 Water Villas
Beds: One canopy king size bed
Entertainment system: iPod docking station
Room service: No
47 Beach Villas
Special room features
- Sofa bed
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- IDD (International Direct Dialling) telephone
- Stocked mini bar
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Luggage rack
- In-room digital safe
- Spacious walk-in showers with double shower head and private access to outside terrace
- Twin basins
- Vanity mirror
- Personalized fine toiletries
- Daily refurbished beach towels
- Electric current 220 volts, 50 cycles
- Low season online specials from US$1,009 per night
- High season online specials from US$1,491 per night
*Sea-plane return transfer from Malé Airport: US$504 per adult
Restaurants and bars
- Main restaurant and bar
- Overwater restaurant and bar
- I-Dive Diving centre (extra charge)
- Daily dive trips
- Dive courses and equipment rental
- Diving Shop
- Water sports centre with Hobbie cat, Windsurfing, Laser dinghy and canoes
- Snorkeling equipment and lifevests
- Snorkeling guided tours of the house reef
- Snorkeling trips and sunset snorkeling (extra charge)
- Robinson Crusoe half day excursions (extra charge)
- Tailoring services
- Library with books and games
- Resident island marine boilogist
- Live music
- Children's services
- Business centre
The Serena Spa is onsite and offers a wide range of luxury massages and other treatments.
- Big Game fishing, reef casting and bottom fishing (extra charge)
- Scuba diving
What the reviews say
Reviews of the Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas are excellent, with guests being particularly impressed by the huge rooms and the giant beds and luxurious bedding. The attentive staff also get very high marks from nearly everyone, with each room assigned a room boy to make sure everything is stocked up properly.
The food receives very good marks as well, which isn't true at all all-inclusive resorts where everything is one price. The location and the house reef are also well regarded and any problems reported are generally minor and dealt with swiftly. All in all, this seems to be a great resort option that will allow for both relaxation and ocean adventures.
To reach the Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas you'll need to fly to the main Malé International Airport in the Maldives. From there you'll be met by hotel staff who will put you on a sea plane for the 25-minute flight to the resort itself.
Similar resorts to consider
- 6 Best all-inclusive Maldives water-villa resorts
- 9 Best Maldives water villa resorts with few or no children