Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
The Conrad Resorts chain is the luxury brand of Hilton Hotels, and the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island resort is one of the finest in their collection. There are 71 overwater villas and suites along with 79 beach villas, spanning a connected pair of private islands. This is 5-star luxury in a paradise setting, with prices that are competitive with lesser resorts in the Maldives.
Each overwater villa is large and comes complete with luxury amenities and ways of pampering yourself. Perfect for a honeymoon or romantic holiday, with one section of one island reserved for adults only, the many activities and facilities mean that it works well for a family vacation as well.
The Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort is located in the Alif Atoll, approximately 96 kilometers west of the main island of Malé in the Maldives.
28 Water Villas
Area: 797 sq ft (74 m²)
12 Superior Water Villas
Area: 797 sq ft (74 m²)
6 Deluxe Water Villas
Area: 1,238 sq ft (115 m²)
2 Premier Water Villas
Area: 1,281 sq ft (119 m²)
2 Sunset Water Villas – 2-bedrooms
Area: 2,691 sq ft (250 m²)
-Glass-floored living room
-Swimming pool in the ocean
-Private butler service
-Circular rotating bed in master bedroom
-Jacuzzi on sundeck
21 Spa Water Villas
Area: 1,615 sq ft (150 m²)
-Ocean views from all windows
-Separate treatment room for massages.
79 Island villas and suites
Special features in all rooms
- Beds: 1 kingsize or two twins (plus two twins in Sunset Water Villas)
- Wi-Fi: Available throughout resort
- Entertainment system: Bose surround sound DVD theatre system
- Room service: Available
- Ocean-view baths
- Philippe Stark fittings
- Espresso machine
- Private sun decks with stairs leading into the sea
- Jacuzzi plunge pool on the sun deck (Superior, Deluxe and Premier Water Villas)
- Second Jacuzzi in the bathroom with an in-built TV (Premier Water Villas)
- Separate shower
- Low season online specials from US$1,078 per night
- High season online specials from US$1,509 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant – The only all-glass undersea restaurant in the world
- Sunset Grill – Overwater restaurant
- Atoll Market restaurant
- Koko Grill
- Mandhoo Spa Restaurant
- Rangali Bar
- Vilu Restaurant and Bar
- The Cheese and Wine Bar
- The Wine Cellar – Two meters underground
- The Louge at the Quiet Zone Bar
- Wedding facilities and planning
- Dive Centre and PADI courses
- Big-game fishing
- Catamaran sailing
- Cruising aboard the resort’s luxury yacht
- Two-story gymnasium
- Infinity pool
- Kids Spa
The Spa Retreat consists of a dedicated reception, nine spa treatment suites, and spa restaurant. It offers full-service 5-star spa and wellness treatments among other things.
The Over-Water Spa – The stunning Over-Water Spa on Rangali Island is located on stilts 50 metres out over the water.
- Excursions to neighboring islands
What the reviews say
The Conrad Maldives Rangali Island gets nearly unanimously positive reviews from a wide range of past guests, making this one of the most reliable choices in its price range. Everything from the luxury amenities in the rooms to the personalized service to the food in the six restaurants gets high marks.
One criticism you might see is that the food and drinks are expensive, but this is true of nearly every 5-star resort in the Maldives, so it’s more a matter of preparing and budgeting for it. Everything else, it seems, tends to go off flawlessly.
To reach the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort you’ll need to fly to the main Malé International Airport in the Maldives. From there you’ll board a seaplane for the 30-minute flight to the small island where the resort lies.
Similar resorts to consider
- 6 Best honeymoon water villa resorts in the Maldives
- 9 Best Maldives water villa resorts with few or no children