The fact that almost every overwater bungalow resort in the world is both tropical and remote for most of us, means that airfares are usually going to be a bit expensive as well. There's really no getting around the fact that these long flights to exclusive destinations are never cheap, but you can still find deals at certain times of the year, especially if you fly in the off-season for that particular destination.
Check multiple sites at once for the best deal
Using the airfare search tool just below you'll be able to enter your travel details in only once and then you'll be shown a list of the best providers for that particular search. Some airfare sites do better in some areas than others, so this system recommends the ones where you'll have the best chances of good deals.
It's also important to check several sites before you choose one because some don't show all airlines or possible routes. For example, to get from the United States to the South Pacific you'll almost always fly from Los Angeles to Tahiti on Air Tahiti Nui, but you can also fly that segment on Air France, which sometimes has better deals or more convenient flight schedules. Some sites will show this option but others won't.
Airport codes for popular overwater bungalow destinations
Using the search tool just above you can type in the destination city, but sometimes it won't be recognized or it will show multiple options instead of just the major airport you want. So with this in mind, here's a list of the best airports to fly into for overwater bungalows, along with their 3-letter airport codes.
- Bora Bora – Bora Bora Airport – code: BOB
- Tahiti – Faa'a International Airport – code: PPT
- Moorea – Moorea Airport – code: MOZ
- Fiji – Nadi International Airport – code: NAN
- Maldives- Ibrahim Nasir International Airport – code: MLE
- Panama City – Tocumen International Airport – code: PTY
- Roatán, Honduras – Juan Manuel Gálvez International Airport – code: RTB
- Belize City – Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport – code: BZE