Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives
One of the very few resorts in the Maldives to have its own surfing beach, the Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives has 60 overwater rooms and suites in addition to 88 rooms on the island itself. Formerly known as the Chaaya Island Dhonveli Resort, this resort is squarely in the more moderate price range for the Maldives, and it seems to offer good value, with a huge list of activities and excursions available.
As one of the larger resorts in the area the Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives also offers more nightlife possibilities than you’ll get at the small hotels, in addition to 3 bars. The all-inclusive meal plans are a hit here, and the food gets as high of marks as the attentive staff does.
The Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives Resort is located in North Male Atoll, about 16 kilometers north of Malé International Airport in the Maldives.
36 Water Bungalows
24 Over Water Suites w/ living room
88 Island bungalows and suites
- Beds: 1 kingsize, 1 daybed
- Wi-Fi: Available in common areas
- Entertainment system: Cable TV, DVD player
- Room service: No
Special room features
- Air conditioning
- Choice of pillow
- Dresser & mirror
- Bath Amenities Including Beach / Pool Towels
- Bath Towels
- Extra Bed & baby Cot (on request)
- Hair Dryer
- Hot & Cold Water
- Life Jackets
- Mini Bar
- Rain Coat
- Safety Deposit Box
- Sewing & Vanity Kit
- Tea / Coffee making facilities
- Telephone with IDD facility
- Low season online specials from US$404 per night
- High season online specials from US$545 per night
*Speedboat return transfer from Malé Airport: US$168 per adult
Restaurants and bars
- Koimala Garden restaurant
- Maakana restaurant
- Raalhu bar
- Raiyvilaa Sunset Terrace bar
- Rehendhi Restaurant & Bar
- Juice Bar
- Outdoor pool
- Scuba diving
- Volleyball court
- Sundown entertainment
- Disco nights
- Live music
- Maldivian Culture show
The on-site spa has 4 treatment rooms including massage/treatment rooms and couples treatment rooms.
- Trip to Himmafushi/Huraa fishing village
- Sunset & Night fishing
- Dophin and Manta watching
- Male City Tour
- Helicopter/airplane sightseeing
What the reviews say
The Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives Resort gets generally positive reviews, though not universally so. Considering its moderate price for the Maldives, it comes across quite well, but there are still guests who complain about all the small costs adding up and things not being perfect.
The staff, the food, and the size of the rooms get particularly high marks, which should be a pleasant surprise in this price category. Especially if you are interested in surfing or a bit of nightlife, this seems like a good choice for the money.
To reach the Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives Resort you’ll need to fly to the main Malé International Airport in the Maldives. From there you’ll be met by hotel staff who will put you on a private speedboat for the 20-minute ride to the small island where the resort lies.
Similar resorts to consider
- 6 Best all-inclusive Maldives water-villa resorts
- 11 Cheapest Maldives all-inclusive water villa resorts