Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
Featuring a total of only 50 villas, including 14 water villas, on an extremely remote private island, the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa Resort (known as the Alila Villas Hadahaa until April, 2011) is a boutique 5-star retreat that is quite unlike most others in the Maldives. This modern and trendy hotel is a small couples resort, very popular with honeymooners, with relatively few distractions. There are only two restaurants and one bar, so the emphasis is on quality rather than a wide range of options.
Those interested in motorized water sports and nightlife should look elsewhere. This is a serene resort where people go to relax, dive or snorkel, and use the spa. Its remote location makes it one of the most time-consuming resorts to reach, including a domestic flight and a speedboat ride, but the extra solitude this provides is a key attraction to many of its guests.
The Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa is set on Hadahaa island in the North Huvadhoo Atoll, about 400 km south from Malé international airport.
14 Park Water Villas
Area: 1,184 sq ft (110 m²)
36 Park Villas and Park Pool Villas
- Beds: 1 kingsize
- Wi-Fi: Available
- Entertainment system: 37” LCD TV with satellite channels, CD & DVD Player, Digital Media Hub, In-Villa iPad
- 24-hour In-Villa Dining Service
Special room features
- Personal villa host
- Air conditioning
- Outdoor Bathtub and Rainshower & Indoor Shower (Land Villas)
- Indoor bath & shower in Water Villas
- Private Deck with Table, Chairs and Daybed
- Two Sun Beds
- Private Beach Access for Land Villas
- Individual Access to the Indian Ocean below for Water Villas
- Personal bar
- IDD telephone
- Personal Safe
- Work Desk
- “Nespresso” coffee machine
- Hair dryer
- Hypo allergenic pillows
- Iron & ironing board
- Low season online specials from US$1,342 per night
- High season online specials from US$1,545 per night
*Speedboat return transfer from Malé Airport: US$520 per adult
Restaurants and bars
- The Dining Room – featuring a variety of international cuisine
- The Island Grill – serving a selection of regionally inspired dishes
- The Bar – stylish and relaxed poolside bar with views out onto the Indian Ocean
- The Dhoni – lounge area
- Scuba diving at the PADI 5 Star Dive Centre – “Blue Journeys”
- Activity Centre – offering a range of tailor-made excursions such as guided snorkelling of Hadahaa’s undisturbed House Reef, dolphin spotting, Equator crossing trip, traditional Maldivian fishing, picnic on an uninhabited island or a local island visit
- Fitness centre
- Yoga studio
- Two large fresh water infinity pools
The Vidhun Spa – embracing the purity and power of Maldivian holistic healing, this exclusive spa retreat features five couples’ treatment villas, offering Dhivehibeys-inspired massage, skin care and wellness rituals.
What the reviews say
Generally the reviews of the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa Resort are very good, and seem to be getting better with time. This is a newer resort in a very remote part of the Maldives, and it appears they have been ironing out some difficulties in recent times. Most guests are extremely happy with the gorgeous setting and also with the rooms, and especially with the pristine house reef for diving and snorkeling.
A number of reviews mention that service can be slow at times, and some others mention that it doesn't quite live up to its boutique 5-star status and price tag, but generally guests are extremely happy, especially honeymoon couples and those on a romantic retreat.
To reach Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa you must first fly to Male International Airport. From there you’ll board another plane for a short 45-minute domestic flight to Kooddoo Domestic Airport, after which you’ll be greeted by hotel staff and helped aboard a speedboat for an enjoyable 20-minute speedboat ride to reach the resort.
Similar resorts to consider
- 6 Best honeymoon water villa resorts in the Maldives
- 6 Best Maldives super-luxury water villa resorts