Le Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora
A boutique 3-star resort, the Le Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora offers overwater bungalows along with beach and garden rooms at prices that are far lower than most of the international chain resorts on the island. This hotel has a distinctly Polynesian feel, so visitors really experience the South Pacific in a more authentic way than those who go to most of the pricier international options.
Aside from the relatively reasonably prices, the Le Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora has an excellent location for those who’ve come to explore the surroundings. Being on the main island, guests can visit other restaurants, shops, and spas with ease, as well as participate in tours or water sports that are offered independently.
The Le Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora is located on the southeast coast of the main island of Bora Bora in French Polynesia.
This boutique resort features 19 overwater bungalows in addition to 28 garden-view rooms, 20 ocean-view rooms, and 7 beach bungalows.
- Overwater bungalows: 19
- Beds: One kingsize plus one sofabed
- Area: 290 sq ft (27 m²) plus 86 sq. ft. (8 m²) terrace
- Wi-Fi: Internet available in lobby
- Entertainment system: Television
- Room service: No
Special room features
- Private terrace
- Glass coffee table that gives you views of the waters below
- Stocked mini-bar
- Complimentary coffee/tea maker
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe
- IDD phone
- Bedside tables
- Writing table
- Ceiling fan
- Direct water access
- Low season online specials from US$429 per night
- High season online specials from US$432 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Haere Mai restaurant
- Tama’a Maitai Beach restaurant
- Manuia Bar
- Free use of snorkeling equipment, outrigger canoes and kayaks
- Car, scooter and bicycle rental
- Boutiques (natural cultured black pearl jewelry, and souvenirs, handicraft and fashion)
- Laundry service
- Babysitting on request
- Airport transfer
- Bicycle rental
No on-site spa, but several are available at nearby resorts
- Transfers by speed boat to the islet – or Motu (taxi boat)
- Half-day shark feeding tour on motorized outrigger pirogue
- Full day shark and ray feedings, including Motu picnic, on motorized outrigger pirogue
- 4WD Jeep Safari island tour
- Lagoonarium tour
- Scuba diving
- Guided island tour on wave runners
- Catamaran sail cruises (half day, private tour, sunset cruise)
- Deep sea fishing
- Lagoon trolling and fishing
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Horseback riding (on the Motu)
- Quad excursion
- Boat rental
- Submarine tour
What the reviews say
The Le Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora is one of the more moderately priced resorts on the island, and the reviews tend to reflect that fact. Most guests are generally happy, but some point out minor maintenance problems or indifferent service as well as pricey dining.
The positives are that the hotel is very well located on the main island and close to shops and other restaurants, giving guests an easy and wide range of choices that isn’t available at many of the more secluded hotels.
To reach the Le Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora you need to fly to Tahiti and then take a 50-minute flight to Bora Bora. Once there you’ll take the free shuttle boat to the main island, and then a ground shuttle to the resort near the southern tip of the island.