KC Resort & Over Water Villas – Koh Samui, Thailand
An unusual 5-star resort situated on a hill overlooking Chaweng Beach, the KC Resort and Over Water Villas features 95 guest rooms, 16 of which are on stilts above a large and private infinity-edge pool. So these are not too similar to the water villas you’ll find in the Maldives and elsewhere, but still you can swim directly underneath your large villa, so it’s the closest experience you’ll get in the Thai Islands.
The resort has an excellent reputation for service and luxury amenities, and its secluded location on a hill overlooking the beach also puts it in a class of its own. There’s plenty to do at the resort itself, but those wanting to go to the beach will be shuttled back and forth down the hill on a resort golf cart for free, so it’s the best of both worlds.
The KC Resort & Over Water Villas Resort is located on a hill at the north end of Chaweng Beach on Koh Samui Island in Thailand.
16 Overwater villas
- Beds: 1 oversized king bed
- Area: 1,378 sq ft (128 m²) including pool below
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary
- Entertainment system: 42” LCD TV, DVD components and Home Theatre System
- Room service: 24 hours
Special room features
- Full luxury essence aroma therapy bathroom amenities
- 2-wash-basin area with Teak wood Parquet flooring
- 128 square meter private infinity pool
- Deluxe minibar
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Room safe
- Hair dryer
- Bedside telephone
- Coffee machine
- Low season online specials from US$282 per night
- High season online specials from US$564 per night
Restaurants and bars
- The View Restaurant & Wine Lounge
- Panorama Bar
- Infinity two-tier salt water main pool
- Samui’s first Hydrotherapic Float Salt Pool with Sala
- Sea canoe
- Water skiing
- Fitness Centre
- Private boat and yacht charters
- Thai culinary cooking class
- Thai fruit carving class
- Thai napkin folding class
- Thai craft class – Weaving
- Shadow Plays
- Artifact Making
- Kite Making
- Soap Carving
- Batik Painting
- Cocktail making class
- Garland making class
- Couple massage class
- Wedding facilities and planning
The KC Resort has a full luxury spa with wellness treatments on site.
- Chaweng Beach
- Samui Golf & Country Club
- Sightseeing tours
What the reviews say
Reviews of the KC Resort are almost universally excellent. Everything from the service to the facilities to the food in the restaurants receives raves from nearly every recent guest. The large rooms are a big favorite, as is the secluded location up on a hill that’s a quick golf-cart ride from the beach.
The only minor complaints seem to be from people who incorrectly assumed that this was a beach resort, because it isn’t, although it’s very close to the beach. Even for an expensive luxury resort in Thailand, the reviews here are so consistently good that it seems like an excellent choice.
To reach the KC Resort & Over Water Villas you’ll need to fly or take the ferry to Koh Samui Island in southern Thailand. Once there you’ll find taxis and other ground transportation options.