Coco Palm Bodu Hithi – Maldives
The Coco Palm resort group operates two overwater villa resorts in the Maldives, and the Coco Palm Bodu Hithi is the larger of the two, and the easier to reach from the main airport. This is another exclusive 5-star private-island resort where everything is designed to pamper and impress the guests.
The overwater villas all come complete with a private pool among many other deluxe amenities. There’s also a dive center, excellent snorkeling, and a long list of other water sports and daytime activities, but the resort is also small and private enough that it’s ideal for honeymoons and other romantic getaways.
The Coco Palm Bodu Hithi is located in North Male’ Atoll 29 kilometers north of the Male’ International Airport.
40 Water Villas
Area: 109 sq ft (1,173 m²)
16 Escape Water Villas
Area: 144 sq ft (1,550 m²)
44 Island rooms and suites
- Beds: 1 kingsize
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Entertainment system: Flat screen TV with DVD player, music system
- Room service:
Special room features
- Spacious bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers
- Double washbasins and a large bathtub
- Large living area
- Private terrace with outdoor seating
- Private pool
- Split level sundecks
- Direct access to lagoon
- Indoor and outdoor shower
- Personal bar
- Coffee machine
- Low season online specials from US$937 per night
- High season online specials from US$1442 per night
Restaurants and bars
- Air Restaurant – fusion cuisine either buffet or a la carte style
- Aqua Restaurant – a la carte restaurant serving seafood and Asian speciality cuisine
- Breeze Restaurant – al fresco a la carte dining with the clients cooking on their own
- Latitude bar
- Scuba diving
- Catamaran sailing
- Water skiing
- Yoga pavilion
- Thai Chi pavilion
- Over water gym
- Open-air cinema
- Infinity swimming pool
- Steam room
- Tennis court
- Volleyball court
- Badminton court
- Recreation space with indoor games, table tennis and snooker table
Treatments from Indonesia, Thailand, India and tailor made treatments for healing the body and mind are available at the spa on the island.
- Fishing trips
- Ultimate Sunset Cruise
- Malè Discovery tour
What the reviews say
Reviews of the Coco Palm Bodu Hithi tend to be very good in general, although a number of previous guests feel it doesn’t quite live up to some of the other similar overwater resorts in the Maldives, and that the price here isn’t justified. Most agree this is an excellent resort overall, so it’s more that compared to a few other nearby resorts it doesn’t match up.
A few guests reported that there were minor maintenance issues, and that the Wi-Fi wasn’t working properly in their villa. Others report that drink prices are extremely high, though that will be the case at any 5-star resort in the Maldives. In the end, if you pay close attention to reviews it might be better to book elsewhere, though most should be extremely happy with their stay here, especially if this is their first trip to the Maldives.
To reach the Coco Palm Bodu Hithi you’ll need to fly to the main Malé International Airport in the Maldives. From there you’ll be met by hotel staff who will put you on a private speedboat for the 40-minute ride to the small island where the resort lies.
Similar resorts to consider
- 6 Best honeymoon water villa resorts in the Maldives
- Maldives water-villa resorts near the Malé Airport